Friday, July 1, 2016

New Starbucks pink drink review! and quick easy dinner

    When I saw all the hype about the new Starbucks pink drink I wasn't so convinced until I tried it for myself. I had just finished a tattoo session on my Nightmare Before Christmas tattoo sleeve so I was pretty parched. I wanted something that would quench my thirst but also raise my blood sugar a bit so I decided to try the pink drink. It was so incredibly delicious!! I went back for another one in a bigger size the next day. I have to admit I am not a fan of coconut milk in coffee unless it is a mocha or something a bit more bitter because in a latte the tastes clash quite a bit but I loooved the pink drink. The acai berries perfectly balanced out the coconut and made it not overly coconutty if you know what I mean. Plus it is just such a pretty drink. I looove the strawberries and all the flavor they bring. The coconut makes the drink so creamy. It is like drinking a pastel dream filled with my little ponies haha.  I loved it so much and I have definitely found my new go to summer drink and possibly even fall :)

        The next day I decided to make myself a quick meal. I am waiting for my tattoo to heal the next week or so and I like to make simple things when I'm healing that do not require too much preparation. I found this new Amy's vegan mac n cheese over at Safeway and decided to try it. I think it was good but next time I'd like to put some nutritional yeast flakes on. I thought it was very good and definitely creamy. I also paired it with some organic frozen peas which I cooked up quickly and some gardein, breaded nuggets. They were delicious! I definitely recommend. I am looking forward to making yummy vegan burgers for 4th of July and having some corn on the cob.





1 comment:

  1. Ive done the very berry hibiscus. Another one to try is orange Valencia.

    ReplyDelete