Thursday, February 26, 2015

Buckwheat pancakes with home made blackberry sauce

I have been really into buckwheat lately. It is so good for you. I can't have a lot of white breads because I am pretty allergic so I stick with complex cards, plus it is much better for you. I made home made buckwheat pancakes and binded the ingredients with one banana and a little bit of almond butter for added protein. They came out soooo good! I put  a pinch of salt and a cup and a half of water and a bit of oil, dash of cinnamon and two teaspoons of vanilla plus some almond milk and baking powder. I simmered two baskets of black berries with some water and a little bit of agave and waited, stirring until the sauce got more thick. I really enjoyed how it came out. I try not to use a lot of sugar in my cooking but once in a while I splurge if I am making treats during holidays. 

Here is a similar recipe to mine except they used apple sauce instead of a banana. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment