Sunday, May 4, 2014

Veggie Grill review

This is seriously my new favorite place to eat! The staff is super friendly and the food is amazing! It is advertised as entirely plant based with no dairy, meat etc so I was pretty excited!!! :D I was like "What??? An entire vegan restaurant right next to Palo Alto!!" It is located in Mountain View right next to the edge of Los Altos and Palo Alto. I was very happy, elated actually. I always get sick of having to sift through all the ingredients in restaurants but to have one that caters to vegans is really rad. It went beyond my expectations. I honestly wan't expecting to have another vegan nacho that could rival the one at Real Food Daily in L.A. I was sad because I couldn't find any vegan nachos here in the Bay Area and always had to make my own so I decided to order the Mondo nachos and also a side of onion rings to share with my husband and a vegan chocolate chip cookie to top it off. Their cookies are pretty big so I will be sharing that too. the portions are very nice. I could feed several friends with the nachos. My dad and mom and I munched off of them and finished them off. My mom kept looking at me wide eyed "These are vegan??" the cheese sauce is sooo good and I loved the protein veggie chkn bits on top mixed in with the taco sauce. The guacamole was to die for and the whole thing was topped with yummy dairy free sour cream type sauce and it was delicious. Usually I don't think much of onion rings but they had some of the best I have ever tasted. They weren't overly saturated with fats and they didn't have a weird after taste like some do. I usually make my own but these will do in a pinch. I can't wait to try their other veggie options. I think I have found my new place to eat. If you try the Veggie Grill please let me know what your favorite dishes are! :D






No comments:

Post a Comment