Thursday, May 29, 2014

Portland: Vegan Paradise

    I am blogging more when I travel about great places to get vegan food. I prefer San Francisco, L.A. and Portland for amazing vegan options. Recently I traveled to Oregon with my husband and we made so many fun friends there. People are extremely friendly not to mention the amazing cafe's, breweries and food there. At every restaurant I went to there were so many veg friendly options and most of it was organic. I love Portland and I will definitely be back. It was one of the few places where cafe's offer not only almond milk but rice milk as an option. Even some of the corporate places there are experimenting with coconut milk for their latte's. Very cool. I went to mostly indie coffee shops but it is good to know that there are so many great options for people who might have allergies. One of my favorite things about the culture there were the food trucks. A lot of those had vegan options as well.
    Aside from all the delicious vegan food there was so much beautiful nature and places to hike. We also visited the Portland rose garden and Japanese garden. I hope some of you are able to visit this wonderful place if you haven't already and to the people of Portland, you guys and gals were so super friendly! Thanks for making us feel at home. I think it was probably the friendliest city I have ever been to. I can't wait to check out Seattle, Washington next time I am there.
















Delicious vegan donut at Blue Star donuts. 

Voodoo Doughnut also had vegan options! 


Breakfast at Stumptown with vegan muffin :> 









This food truck was awesome and had vegan option. 



There is a rad arcade called Ground Kontrol where you can order beer at night and get hummus and pita or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. So rad! 

1 comment: